Monday, January 30, 2012

WIP -Reborn tiny baby - Marita Winters - Zachy

I was very fortunate to have been able to purchase Marita Winters' tiny Zachy vinyl parts. Marita is such a wonderful artist and a very sweet women. I've always admired her work. Her attention to details is amazing as you can see from the picture that I took of his mini toe nails. This little one will be about nine inches long when completed. He is a tiny bundle of sweetness!!!!!
I have painted and baked all of the pieces including the head five times. The many layers of paint inside and out give his skin depth. Here you can see that the tiny nails have been glazed. The most difficult part for me is the time consuming rooting of the lashes, brows and hair. This rooting needle is so small that it will only pick up one hair at a time. It make it a bit more realistic, especially on such a small baby. That should take hopefully only five or six hours. I'm hoping not to stab myself with the needle this time...lol!
I'll post more pictures when I have a little free time.
Special note:
My Soft Body miniature babies are coming along. I hope to have some for my miniature collectors in the coming weeks. I needed to take a little break from using my magnifiers.
Enjoy your week!
Hugs, Morena

Link to Marita Winters' site http://www.winterswhimsies.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment